I am asked for this recipe time and time again… by adults, by kids… its a winner! And If Bailey could choose something to bake it would either be these cookies or flapjacks, they are both his all time favourites.
Makes about 16
- 125g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 175g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g white self raising flour
- 50g wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 75g oats
- 65g raisins
- Preheat the oven to 170 fan. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a pan or slightly covered in a bowl in the microwave.
- Place the sugar in a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and beat together with a wooden spoon. Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract and mix together well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the oats and raisins and lightly mix together but don’t overdo it. I add more oats and raisins if it looks abit bare, I like to be able to see them at this stage .
- Scoop out a tablespoon of this cookie mix at a time and place on the baking sheets, it doesn’t matter if its a bit messy, allow space between each one as they will spread!
- Bake in oven for about 10 mins, they should be golden but still a little soft.
- Allow to cook still on the baking trays until a little firmer, then can be transferred to a cooling rack… (if not eaten first!)