This lovely take on the classic Bakewell I found via BBC Good Food and its really simple to make, great to take on a picnic or to a friends for tea. Enjoy!
- 140g ground almonds
- 140g butter, softened
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g raspberries
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 160 fan. Grease and base line a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Mix together the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor until well combined.
- Pour half this mix into the cake tin and smooth into the corners. Scatter the raspberries, then pour the other half of the mix on top. Scatter with flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool whilst still in cake tin.
- Once cool, remove from the tin and cut into slices. Can be dusted with icing sugar if you like.